Happy new year people!!! I pray that this year will be an amazing one for all of you, that the Lord will show up for you in awesome ways and that He will cause all things to work together for your good in your life. I pray that this year will be one where you will be totally submitted to God and that you will allow Him to draw you to Himself and reveal Himself to you. Because the truth is that you cannot really know who you are or what you have been called to do and be until you have known God.
I also want to say a huge thank you to all of you that have been consistent readers of the blog. Thanks for your encouragement and for leaving your comments and questions. Please keep them coming…they motivate me to keep writing, keep thinking (anyone who knows me knows that I can think for the world) and keep listening out for what God lays on my heart to share with you.
There’s a deep sense of urgency and excitement as I write this post tonight. It seems that God is speaking so many things to my heart today and confirming a lot of the things He had spoken to my heart a long time ago. I can’t go into detail on a lot of them because there simply isn’t the time and I’m trying my best to make sure my posts stay as brief as possible. So I’ll summarize the different things that are going through my mind right now and I have a strong feeling that I will talk about some of them in more depth in subsequent posts.
- God is literally screaming out His words of DIRECTION and is willing to guide us on the right path to go in this year if we will take the time to spend time with Him and listen to what He is saying. God speaks to us in different ways depending on who we are and the nature of our relationship with Him. I know for a fact that, now more than ever before, God is looking to take us by the hand and guide us by giving us specific directions on what to do and where to go. We just need to listen out for what He’s saying and we need to be OBEDIENT!!!
- Obedience is key this year. People please, when God gives you and instruction, just obey Him. It might seem difficult at first or even ludicrous but the first thing to do is just say yes and then ask Him for the grace to do what He has asked.
- That’s another thing that God has made available in truckloads this year: GRACE. The bible says in Hebrews 4:16 that we should approach God’s throne of grace with boldness and confidence so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. I know for a fact that God is telling me not to try and rely on my own strength or abilities, especially this year, but to lean on Him and trust Him to take care of things for me. I have so much on my plate especially this year and I can come up with many excuses to abandon God’s work and focus on other aspects of my life like work and exams (CFA level 1, the Lord is my strength). But if I rely on God to equip me, I can find that I will get the results I need without having to work as hard at it. Now please note that I am not saying I will not work at all because God’s word says that the man that doesn’t work should not eat. What I am saying is that instead of relying on myself completely and thinking my success is solely dependent on my efforts, I can do my part and allow God to work out the rest. That way, He takes all the glory.
- God has called us to be agents of CHANGE. I have seriously slacked in this area and have allowed myself to either become comfortable with things that rightfully bothered me about my country or I have blocked myself off from those things because I did not like the feelings of anger and annoyance they elicited from me whenever I allowed myself to consider them. However, the truth is that those things that elicit righteous anger in us are the very things we have been called by God to do something about. Each and every one of us is the change we are looking for. Start in your house, with your family and friends, in your office with your colleagues and ask God for the wisdom and strategy to stir up the change you seek.
- Finally, we need to be people of STRATEGY this year. That means that we need to sit down, figure out what God wants us to do, who He wants us to be and ask Him the most important question which is HOW he wants us to achieve those things. We need to start walking in PURPOSE people. The time to guess or go with the flow is fast running out and we need to take the steps to identify our calling in life. There’s a level of confidence and surety that people who understand their purpose walk with. They are not distracted by what goes on around them; instead there is an otherworldly level of focus that confounds and can even elicit negative emotions of anger and jealousy from people who don’t understand it. But when this is tempered with love and wisdom, it becomes a wonderful too that draws others to Jesus.
That’s it from me today people. I know today’s post is a bit longer than usual but I do hope that it speaks to someone. I look forward to hearing from you and please don’t forget that God loves you and longs to have a relationship with you.